Meet the crew!
Yogi Amy, Co-Owner & Modern Yogi
Hi, friend! I’m so glad you’re here. I’ve poured my heart and soul into Twisted Grit Yoga, and getting to share it with you feels like a dream come true. As a modern yogi, I believe it’s important to honor traditional yoga practices while also introducing relatable elements – like laughter, hope, love, and music that makes your mat even more inviting. My goal is to help you practice yoga without feeling like you have to change who you are. By encouraging kindness and acceptance instead of image and status, I hope to change people’s minds about what yoga is, and is not.
More about me:
- I’ve lived in Sun Prairie my entire life! This community has poured into me and now I take pride in pouring right back into it.
- I hold numerous therapy and yoga certifications, and even a marketing degree. I use this knowledge every day to inform my practice and help guide my decisions for Twisted Grit Yoga.
- I’ve received a few awards and honors, including the Outstanding Citizen Award from Dane County for teaching yoga to police officers!
- I’m the creator and co-owner (with my husband, Scott) of Benders, a business that made it possible for me to teach yoga just about anywhere, and helped me bring my vision for Twisted Grit Yoga to life.
Scott, Co-Owner & Everyone’s Favorite Badass
It’s not hard to brag about Scott Krutchen. After spending nineteen months on active duty in the United States Marine Corps, he narrowly survived an IED explosion in Iraq. After being awarded a Purple Heart and medically retiring, he showed strength and grit to recover and successfully re-enter civilian life. Now, he uses his experience to connect with people every day.
Having co-owned Benders alongside me, he quickly mastered the art of event coordination, merchandise sales, and hyping people up on their way into class. With years of experience in the HVAC industry designing, operating, and maintaining the temperature systems for hot yoga studios, he’s my superhero on a regular basis; Twisted Grit Yoga wouldn’t be here without him!
More about Scott:
- He’s the President of the Wisconsin chapter of The Purple Heart Riders and sits on the boards of several non-profit organizations.
- He’s so passionate about giving back to the community and bringing awareness to veteran and first responder needs and issues – thank your veterans and community responders!
- He shows up daily – whether at the studio or behind the scenes – to help make sure things run smoothly for our beautiful community of yogis.